Counseling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, we are confident we can help. Our practice offers the most effective forms of treatment that will result in the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is often the most effective option. Unlike anxiety medication, anxiety therapy treats more than just symptoms.
Common symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions and ruminations about certain ideas, signs of obsessive compulsive and posttraumtic stress disorder, respectively
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of posttraumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help you to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, more effective way, and develop better coping, and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from anxiety and worries, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.